Do what you do before you invite guests to your home. Prepare and get it ready.
For a website it means adding
1. A professional logo (To give your website a distinct identity)
2. Possibly a favicon (Again to hammer your identity)
3. A contact form (so that your visitors can contact you)
4. Add a email subscription form
5. Create a feed and give visitors a choice to subscribe by RSS or by email. Use a program called Feedburner (owned by Google) to create these feed options. This will automatically send any new content that you post to your website.
These are the basics steps that will get your site ready to be showcased to your visitors.